Friday, June 13, 2014

Election Autopsy

Wynne's majority win is a testimony to how scary and awful Ontarians thought Tim Hudak and his innumerate platform was. (All the right-wing pundits and etc., who endorsed this piece-of-shit have managed to hammer another nail in the coffin of their credibility AFTER it was long ago buried under the ground!)

A majority government for these Liberal sleaze-balls is the worst thing in the world though. These people cut taxes for the corporations and the rich, waste BILLIONS on various mad schemes and corruption, and then charge us for it with higher taxes and reduced services. Expect a majority of seats to change the quality of Wynne's eye-sight, for now she'll go there and the cupboard will "gasp!" surprisingly be bare.

If Hudak had won, the ONDP would be accused of having given it to him. Are people accusing them of giving Wynne her majority? They should. Horwath's campaign was a schizophrenic attempt to navigate our "first-past-the-post" election system. People didn't see the point of voting for flailing criticisms of both parties, backed up by a slurry of vaguely centre-left, right-wing populist rhetoric.

I'm still relieved Hudak lost, but this is a sad day for Ontario's democracy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Wynne's majority win is a testimony to how scary and awful Ontarians thought Tim Hudak and his innumerate platform was."
Amen to that. I voted AGAINST whodat when I voted for Wynne. horwath couldn't beat rob ford right now with her flip-flopping strategy, let alone the Lib-roCON machine.
Let's hope that Wynne doesn't follow in the footsteps of her predecessor, mcGuilty, at least not too much so. I hope, I wish, I pray!

thwap said...

I live in Wynne's riding. I voted NDP because so many people dragged me to the polling station.

I didn't feel like the drama of declining my vote but I wanted to.