Monday, December 23, 2013

Wut We's Got's To Do

My point about the lack of a response to the TTC fare increase was that I, who have been told several times that my plans are too grandiose, am pointing out the sheer invisibility of the standard leftist response to problems. If I had my druthers, I'd be organizing a transit-users' strike, or an occupation of City Hall and Queen's Park, until said powers-that-be find the goddamned revenues from out of their tax-cuts for the rich or their general corruption funds, to pay for the existing service levels and to invest the billions more that are needed to restore the system to a state of decency.

Overall, to defeat capitalism, we need to democratically expand the rights of workers within their workplaces. We do this through the present constitutional-liberal rights system. Because that is the hegemonic system, and the most peaceful way of doing this massive switcherroo of power.

It needs to be something big. The brain-dead status-quo has failed and will continue to fail.


No comments: