Monday, July 26, 2010

Jon Lajoie - Two Girls One Cup

A word of explanation. I think I first encountered Jon Lajoie with his song about smoking marijuana, "High as Fuck." Somebody else hepped me to "Sunday Afternoon." So one day i decided to go through his YouTube videos and I found something called "Two Girls, One Cup" and I wondered what the hell that could be about. I listened to about twenty seconds of it before deciding it was some bizarre, lesbo-phobic rant and stopped listening.

About a year later, I'm watching some Comedy Central show about internet humour and this guy says that there's no way they could show "Two Girls, One Cup" but like a lot of people, he was going to do a "reaction" video. He was going to play the video "Two Girls, One Cup" for his studio audience and broadcast their reaction. And so, I watched for a little bit as people in the audience got revolted and/or laughed.

Still not knowing what the fuck was going on I googled the video title and Wikipedia informed me that it's supposedly an extreme fetish video wherein two young women begin to eat shit out of a cup and then vomit into each others' mouths.

Okay then.

Then I went back to Jon Lajoie's video and the premise is that his friend sets him up to watch the video and as he does his take is that this is one of the new ways that people have found to express their love for each other. He puts this new discovery of the magic of love's uniqueness to music and turns it into a really upbeat song.

So, if it won't make Jon Lajoie mad, or the people who posted his videos on YouTube, I'm gonna embed 'em here.

Two Girls, One Cup:



High as Fuck:



Sunday Afternoon:

No comments: