Thursday, January 15, 2009

Blog Housekeeping

My brain is too tired and I'm too busy to come up with anything original today. I thought that I'd instead mention two things that I'm doing with the blog-roll.
1. The dude/dudette who posts at "The Cylinder" will be posting mainly at "filasteen" these days, so "filasteen" has been added to the blogroll.
2. Hat-tip to Patrick "Asshole" Ross for having a link to "Canada-Afghanistan Blog." This guy/gal's blog is in support of Canada's "mission" in Afghanistan, ... a position that I find indefensible. However, the guy/gal seems like a decent, intelligent person, so I intend to find out how anyone with half a brain could still support something so compromised after seven years of failure. I'll be perusing (sp? care?) it for the next little while anyway.

Sorry there's nothing profound or entertaining today.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, we are both amazed by different things. I'm amazed that so many people who call themselves progressive don't express horror at making political settlements with far-right misogynist homophobic theocrats.

It has been seven years of mistakes, but also of progress. The Afghans elected their government in 2004, and will again this year. The number of Afghans in school has skyrocketed. The infant mortality rate has plummeted. These things deserve mention alongside the disastrous errors.

Reasonable people can disagree. But I hope we can agree that Afghans deserve all the things you would want for your life, and we are simply disagreeing about how to get there.