Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Taking it to my blog ...

On one of my infrequent visits to the racist hate-site s.d.a.dotcom, I decided to get involved in a thread about Jimmy Carter, Israel, and Nelson Mandela.

According to the right-wing version, in his book comparing Israel's policies in the occupied territories to South Africa's apartheid regime, Carter quotes from a fake letter from Nelson Mandela to the New York Times' Thomas Friedman, wherein the fake Mandela calls Israel an apartheid state.

Now, it might very well be true that Carter carelessly quoted from a fake memo. I don't know. Given the right-wing's track record so far (Harper's daycare policies, WMDs in Iraq, Jamil Hussein, etc.,) it might not be. I'm not about to spend yet more precious seconds of this too-brief existence investigating yet another of their stupid leads.

The fact of the matter is that even if it's true, it doesn't fucking matter. And it doesn't fucking matter because 1) Carter's book is not based on that letter to Friedman, and 2) Nelson Mandela and Desmond Tutu are both on record as condemning Israel's treatment of the Palestinians and comparing those policies to South Africa's apartheid.

I mentioned this, and was quickly met with an incoherent reply about Japanese kamikazes bitching about apartheid in World War II. When I said that Japanese kamikaze pilots weren't a very good example to use in this discussion, KKKate told me that I was off topic. I then replied with a clear and thorough demolition of her stupid attempt at an argument, to which she replied that she had not asked for my opinion.

It seems that when KKKate posts one of her smug, sneering, but ultimately incoherent and deluded attacks on the left, or progressives, what she wants to see are one sentence notes of agreement with her about the shameless stupidity of the left, and/or incoherent/irrelevant attacks on something else that the left does or says.

I say this with some certainty because in response to my further ON TOPIC debate on the subject (including an exchange with someone who actually had an argument) the frightened moron puffed herself up to say: "Perhaps I didn't make myself clear ...blah, blah, blah" and deleted my subsequent posts.

I can't be bothered to reproduce what remains of that lost thread here. Follow this link to the bottom fifth of the thread on the EnMasse discussion board: "Arguing with morons again" if you want to read it.

But the point is that, unsurprisingly, these right-wingers really do seem happiest in an echo-chamber.

What continues to nauseate me is that because of the relatively large amounts of visits to her shit-assed excuse for a political blog, this woman was actually featured as a web commentator on the CBC during a recent federal election. That a STUPID racist, warmongering, incoherent babbling lunatic like her got a national forum to pollute the marketplace of ideas in Canada is absolutely appalling.

Very well, then. I have the final piece of evidence that I need. I will go back there once in awhile to poke the animals in their cage, but wasting reason, facts and logic on them? Not bloody likely.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

"You idiots and hypocrites and cowards can continue to believe that Israel should be able to fire rockets at Palestinian orphanages as part of its struggle for survival, but at least have the courage to accept what it is you're defending."

The line above would get a negative response from anyone.

Every conservative, regardless of financial status, age, race, religion or ethnic origin is a human being with feelings, hopes, problems, habits and needs. The degree to which you accept people will influence how you post and how they will react to your post.

Prejudice is a lack of information or understanding people, especially those whose cultural backround is different from yours.

You must avoid making value judgements or allowing your feelings to interfere with dialog between people.

Reduction of prejudice begins with recognizing it. As we allow ourselves to meet more people and get to know them, we can become less prejudiced.

Unknown said...

PS I am guilty of the above at times.

I don't want to have some entrenched position, I do want to learn something new everyday.

I will shut up now.

Have a great day.

Anonymous said...

"But the point is that, unsurprisingly, these right-wingers really do seem happiest in an echo-chamber."

As do you, thwap, judging from your repeated presence at CC's place. At least have the pills to admit it.

Anonymous said...

goombah,

How very unperceptive of you. If you'll follow the links provided in the post you've replied to, you'll see that I made every effort to debate with KKKate's minions.

You'll see in a link to wayne's site that I made an effort to honestly debate him about Israel in Lebanon.

I accused him of consistently moving the goalposts in that discussion and he admits having done so, and I am therefore loath to engage with him in debate again.

As you'll recall, I even gave you an honest effort at CC's site. I'm sorry that I didn't find your argument very compelling, but there you have it.

Here, as there, you make a groundless assertion, and expect ... what exactly?

There's sufficient evidence in the threads I've mentioned to show that you're either blind or lying.

Anonymous said...

Please accept my profound apology, thwap, for it seems I have mistaken you for another blogger whose handle begins with the letter "t". Re-reading your entries brought this to my attention.
Once again, I am sorry for my comments to you: they were meant for another.

Anonymous said...

Okay.